Guidelines for Growing as a Supervisor
An independent pharmacy owner may play a variety of roles: pharmacist, entrepreneur, leader, manager, and supervisor, among others. In a recently published article for Pharmacy Development Services, Sharon Rasnick enumerates five methods for becoming a better supervisor.
- Set Clear Expectations—Manage employees’ expectations by providing clear guidelines.
- Show Your Human Side—Make an effort to connect with your employees on a human level—be yourself and show that you care!
- Keep Your Commitments—Whenever you make promises, small or large, be sure to keep them.
- Stay Up To Date—Lack of awareness about industry trends, or even just the day-to-day operations of your business, will be detrimental to your credibility.
- Look At The Big Picture—Avoid micromanaging by empowering employees to make some decisions independently. Always be sure, though, to be available for consultation if necessary.
For more information, read the article in full at Pharmacy Development Services.