Mikayla joined the Blackman & Sloop team in 2018 and currently serves as a business advisory associate. Previously, she spent two years as a staff accountant at a local firm.
An ambitious and passionate professional, Mikayla has always loved working with numbers. This love is what inspired her to pursue a career in accounting. She attributes her success to her own self-discipline and persistence. In her daily life, Mikayla is motivated by her favorite quote, from Eleanor Roosevelt: “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”
Born in Long Island, New York, Mikayla spent her childhood in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She and her family relocated to Raleigh, North Carolina when she was 12, and she continues to reside there today. She loves the city for its proximity to both the mountains and the beach. Outside of the office, Mikayla’s favorite activities include scuba diving, snowboarding, hiking, spending time with her family and friends, working out, and traveling to different countries.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Appalachian State University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, concentration in Accounting – 2016
- Phi Mu
- East Carolina University (in progress)
- Master of Business Administration – expected 2020