An Overview of Available Vaccination Apps
With smartphone apps available in a wide variety of spheres, it is no surprise that many healthcare organizations have created programs for helping professionals in their industry manage information regarding vaccines. In a recent article for the Pharmacy Times, author Anyssa Garza examines eight different vaccination apps.
- The Vaccine Handbook App – An information resource, including immunization schedules, guidance on running a vaccination practice, and best practices for addressing concerned patients.
- Shots Immunizations – A database for storing patient vaccination details. Includes important references such as vaccination schedules and information on contraindications and adverse reactions.
- CDC Vaccine Schedules – A compendium of vaccine resources from the CDC, including vaccine schedules for all ages and a guide to having vaccine conversations with patients.
- PneumoRecs VaxAdvisor – A tool for determining which pneumococcal vaccines a patient currently needs, based on their information.
- ReadyVax – A helpful FAQ about vaccines as well as recommended vaccination schedules.
- AAP Red Book – The entirety of the 30th edition of the American Academy of Pediatrics’ Red Book, in app form.
- ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) – An interactive tool offering best practices for vaccinations during pregnancy.
- CDC Yellow Book – The entirety of the Center for Disease Control’s Yellow Book, which offers information regarding travel destinations and guidelines for the threats that might be encountered.
For more information, read the article in full at Pharmacy Times.