Looking to Maximize Your Pharmacy’s Potential? Start Here.
Running a successful pharmacy is more difficult than ever, especially for independent businesses. In a recent article for Telepharm, Zach Schladetzky recommends five strategies for pharmacy owners to consider when seeking to maximize their business’ potential:
- Collaborative practice agreements—the creation of a formal relationship between a pharmacist and a physician (or provider) that allows pharmacies to expand the services they can offer to patients.
- Retail telepharmacy—this cost-effective solution helps provide convenient pharmacy access for your customers.
- Point-of-care testing—where allowed by state law, this is a convenient, rapid, and reliable way to screen for infectious diseases.
- Vaccination programs—Immunizations and vaccinations provided at pharmacies are very common these days; offering this service is an easy way to boost revenue.
- Medication therapy management (MTM)—not only will delivering services through an MTM program increase revenue, but it will allow you to put to good use your clinical experience and provide high-quality care to your pharmacy customers.
For more details, read the article in full at Telepharm.