What Is Online Reputation Management and Why Should You Care?
In today’s world of social media, online reputations—and their management—are becoming more and more important every day. A recent article published by Pharmacy Staffing espouses the importance of this topic, considering the following questions:
What is Online Reputation Management (ORM)?—the author writes that ORM is “basically having a strategy to influence what the public sees and perceives regarding your business. It is proactively directing public opinion regarding your services and/or products.”
How Do I Protect My Business’ Reputation Online?—The key to successful ORM is being aware and proactive. You have the ability to actively contribute to your own reputation online and, to a certain extent, control what and how information is presented to the public. The author recommends the
- Build a website and have it properly optimized for Google (SEO)
- Set up your social media accounts
- Post to social media with some frequency
- Ask your customers for reviews
- Make social media a part of your marketing
- Accept negative reviews for what they are and never get into a “battle” online
Who Can Help You With Reputation Management?—There exist companies, such as HealthCare Consultants, that specialize in just this.
For more information, see the article in full at Pharmacy Staffing.